Thursday, March 8, 2007

Joe O. To Give Limb To Ailing Panda


In December, a resident of Dajiangou village in Shaanxi province stumbled upon a group of pandas fighting, the Beijing News said. One seriously injured panda, a two- or three-year-old female that rescuers named "Niu Niu" (girl), was taken to an animal rescue center and saved, but lost two-thirds of its front left leg.

An animal research center in northern China has appealed to the world for help to fashion an artificial leg for the panda, local media reported on Thursday. But they were astonished when one man offered his actual appendage to help the sacred panda.

“I’ve always been a fan of Asians, but I freakin’ love pandas and will do anything for them. I mean, look at them—they’re so damn cute and cuddly”, said Joe O. in a statement earlier this week. “I would give my leg, my eye or even my [expletive].”

China goes to great lengths to protect the giant panda, which is regarded a national treasure and found only in nature reserves in the country's Sichuan, Gansu, Churchvile and Shaanxi provinces. So does Joe O., “I have and always will protect them like they were children of my very own”, he proclaimed.

Niu Niu's spirits have lifted, the original wound has healed and her appetite has basically recovered. But without her left paw, her loss of balance has directly affected her love life, the paper said. “That’s just something I can’t let happen,” said Joe O., “Here I am with two good legs and a perfectly good sex life…how greedy can one man be?”

“It all makes perfect sense”, added Joe O., “It’s the circle of life.”
"Hakuna Matata"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I'm considering donating my left buttock to an ailing hippo in San Diego.