Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Foxworthy not FOX-worthy?

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?
Yes.
Is anyone uglier than Jeff Foxworthy?
No.


What were they thinking with this one? Fox really shit the bed when casting came around. I thought sex sold? Foxworthy looks like a 50 year old minister that has a part time job at the library. Did he always wear glasses? Are there elbow pads on that suit jacket?

Why should I watch this show? Is it because the show takes them 30 minutes to show 4 god damn questions? Is it because I like to know I’m smarter than some of the idiots they put on there? Is it just to feel good about myself? Is it to see the cocky 5th grade nerds, who if anywhere else would be ridiculed for their zeal to learn? Is it to watch a contestant talk through the answer of how parallel lines never meet, then need the help of the audience?

No. There is no reason to watch this show.

I think Van Halen had it right with Hot For Teacher.
Now there’s a show I would watch:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this screed, Shep. But I think you inadvertantly answered your own "why should I watch this show?" question by demonstrating that you had, in fact, actually watched the show. So, what possibly compelled you to dial this thing up in the first place? Full disclosure: I'm locked into "The Black Donnellys," and I have no idea why.

The Shepherd said...

That's easy. I watch every show. Twice. I still can't explain how I've watched "The Winner" four times and somewhat liked it.
**'Black Donnellys' is great--get in while the gettin' is good.

Avon Marksdale said...

Good stuff. Jeff Foxworthy oughta shampoo my crotch.

Anonymous said...

No basis for this, but I imagine you could smell this sicko Foxworthy coming from a mile away.