Monday, August 10, 2009

Stiles?

A teenage boy who was riding on the roof of a friend's car has died from injuries sustained when he fell from the vehicle.

The Orange County coroner says 17-year-old Christopher Hernandez II, of Huntington Beach, was pronounced dead Saturday, the day after the accident.

Authorities say Hernandez was riding on the roof of a Nissan Altima and was thrown from the vehicle onto the road when the driver of the car, another 17-year-old boy, attempted to make a right turn.

Hernandez suffered major head and abdomen injuries.

Scott & Boof Howard could not be reached for comment...

3 comments:

joleary said...

Shep, weren't you the one on the roof of my Volvo outside the bowling alley in, like, '96? If my memory serves, the cop who pulled us over in the parking lot said the following:

Cop - "What the HELL are you guys doing? I want to see both of your IDs... (to Shep) Holland, eh? That's a real nice place. Why would you be doing something stupid like this?... (to Joe) Churchville? Where's that?"

Only the birthplace of our motherf*cking savior, that's all. Is what I wish I said back then.

The Shepherd said...

yeah - that was me. What else were we supposed to do? Bowl?

I almost fell off Mark's hood of his Avenger and got swallowed under the tires also...

Ah, life.

Axe said...

Paul Connors rode on the roof of my parent's Bonneville circa '96. We rode down one of those winding rodes leading to Jenni Castor's house. It just goes to show that we were much better at this than this kid.