Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"What else can I do? Kill myself?"

The longtime chairman of the Roger Williams University board admitted Monday to using the N-word during a board meeting, saying it "kind of slipped out."

"I apologized for that," Ralph Papitto, 80, said in an interview on WPRO-AM. "What else can I do? Kill myself?"

Papitto became irate when he discussed pressures to make the board more diverse, at one point using the slur to refer to black candidates to the board.

"There was, like, this complete and utter silence, and I was shocked beyond belief and very angry," Roberts said.

"The first time I heard it was on television or rap music or something," Papitto told WPRO. (hahahaha...right)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't laugh, Glenn. I think I saw this dude in a Bone Thugs video.

Anonymous said...

who's Glenn?

The Mel Wire said...

i think he should def give himself the axe.