Monday, July 16, 2007

Shin Splints

Lawrence and Michael Lenahan were gored simultaneously by a bull, which also injured 11 other people last Thursday.

"I started yelling at my brother to show him I was bleeding everywhere but he showed me he was bleeding everywhere," said Lawrence Lenahan, a 26-year-old Air Force captain from Hermosa Beach, Calif., in a telephone interview from his hospital bed.

He was gored in the buttocks, while Michael Lenahan, 23, of Philadelphia, was injured in his leg and was recovering well from surgery at the same hospital.

Michael Lenahan had recently overcome testicular cancer that had spread to his abdomen and the brothers were celebrating.

"He decided he wanted to live life to the fullest. He said 'Once a year I'll do something exciting.' And he did," said their father, Larry Lenahan.

"I remember looking back and thinking I was in trouble," Lawrence Lenahan said.

No comments: