Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Harpo Productions

--The Mississippi native also recited the oft-told story of her grandmother, a servant in 1950s Mississippi, whose hope for young Oprah was that she'd "get some good white folks" to work for someday. "I regret that she didn't live past 1963 and see that I did get some really good white folks - working for me," Winfrey said.
--"My integrity is not for sale, and neither is yours," Winfrey said
--"Do not be a slave to any form of selling out."
--"Many of you may be wondering what you will do with this education. Don’t worry, relax, you’re in good hands, because God’s got your back."
--"I speak of what is possible, and I am a symbol of what is possible"
--"The TV executives told me it was too much, I was too big, I was too black, I was too emotional."
--"They said 'we think Susie is a good name,'" Oprah recalled, "I said 'I think I will keep my name.'"

No comments: