Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Tomoji Tanabe!

The world's oldest man celebrated his 112th birthday Tuesday with a healthy Japanese breakfast of rice, miso soup and seaweed, saying he wanted to live forever.

Tomoji Tanabe, who has been the world's oldest man since January this year, lives with his son and family in Japan's southern prefecture of Miyazaki. He keeps a diary and reads the newspaper every day.

"I want to live indefinitely. I don't want to die," he said as he marked his birthday, Kyodo News reported.

Tanabe, a teetotaller who has repeatedly said that avoiding alcohol is a secret of his longevity, was given a certificate from the Guinness Book of World Records by the mayor of his local municipality in June.

5 comments:

Avon Marksdale said...

Happy Birthday! Mmmm...Japanese breakfast.

The Shepherd said...

in a japanese breakfast the "happy ending" is cantaloupe.

Anonymous said...

Sadly, I don't actually think Tomoji is going to live forever. If he does, though, I'm sure we'll hear it from Finger My Blog first!

Anonymous said...

YOU AND I ARE GONNA LIVE FOREVER!

Anonymous said...

"I want to live indefinitely. I don't want to die". Really?

You really need a set of brass balls to make a statement like this.