Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Flying 'Sexy'

Setara Qassim said she was flying home to Burbank, Calif., from Las Vegas in June when a Southwest Airlines flight attendant gave her a blanket and told her to cover up.

"The flight attendant came up to me and asked me if I had a sweater, and I said, 'No, because why would I pack a sweater in the heat?'" Qassim said. "So I asked her why, and she said I needed to cover up."

Just last Friday, a woman from San Diego told a similar story to the "Today" show. She said a Southwest Airlines flight attendant had also taken issue with the propriety of her attire.

Kyla Ebbert, 23, wore the exact same outfit on "Today" Friday morning. Ebbert said she was on a day trip from San Diego to Tucson, Ariz., for a doctor's appointment and had no luggage.

She told Matt Lauer that just before the crew closed the plane's doors, a Southwest employee asked her to come to the front of the aircraft.

"He told me, 'I'm sorry, but you're going to have to catch a later flight because you are dressed inappropriately,'" Ebbert said. "'This is a family airline, and you are too provocative to fly on this flight.'"

"I said, 'What part is it? The shirt? The skirt? Which part?' He said, 'The whole thing.'"

Ebbert said she was allowed to stay on the flight after she agreed to pull up her tank top and pull down her skirt.

No comments: