Friday, April 9, 2010

Introducing....Lin Yu Chun!

Cited as the new Susan Boyle, Lin Yu Chun has gained Internet fame overnight after performing a chilling rendition of Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You' on Taiwanese talent show 'Super Star Avenue,' which is much like 'American Idol.'

"I now have more confidence in pursuing a singing career," Lin told The Associated Press in a telephone interview. "You don't have to be a good-looking man or woman to succeed. Just be yourself and try your best."

Lin, 24, admits he suffered from a lack of self-confidence because of his plain looks and weight. "Being fat draws a lot of mockery in our society," he said.

To cope with the pain caused by jokes about his weight from peers, he locked himself in his room and sang along to songs by Celine Dion and Mariah Carey. But it was Whitney Houston's 'I Will Always Love You,' from the soundtrack to the 1992 film 'The Bodyguard,' that gave him the confidence to keep trekking on.

"I played it again and again even though my parents couldn't stand it anymore and asked me to stop," Lin said.

No comments: